Diabetic retinopathy: Screening
Ophthalmologist Philip Burgess joins Clinical Diabetologist John Wilding to discuss diabetic retinopathy screening and the key role that it plays in reducing vision loss among people with diabetes (10:00).
- The level of risk posed by diabetic retinopathy and the impact that systematic screening has had on outcomes in people with diabetes.
- The challenges associated with administering a systematic retinopathy screening program.
- The current and future role of technological advancements in artificial intelligence.
- The potential benefits and drawbacks to individualizing retinopathy screening intervals on adherence and outcomes.
- Prospective methods of overcoming the obstacles associated with delivering systematic screening in low and middle income countries.