Team-based care for patients with type 2 diabetes and kidney disease
Katherine Tuttle (Nephrologist and Endocrinologist) joins Jay Shubrook (Primary Care Physician) to discuss recommendations on diabetes patient referrals to the nephrology clinic (8:38).
Learning points include:
- Essential and recommended components of the referral to the nephrology clinic.
- How to avoid common communication problems with referrals to specialist care.
- What the referring physician should expect back from the nephrologist.
- Recommendations for triaging relevant multimorbid patients between diabetes, nephrology and cardiology specialists.
More videos in this series
- Diabetic kidney disease: A call to primary care
- Team-based care for patients with type 2 diabetes and kidney disease