The VERIFY trial
The VERIFY investigators will reveal whether the durability of glycemic control is improved by adding the dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor vildagliptin to the standard first-line treatment of metformin in people with type 2 diabetes who are drug-naïve or have taken metformin for less than 1 month.
Amrit Lamba discusses how the findings of VERIFY may influence how primary care practitioners will approach first-line treatment of people with type 2 diabetes (4:32).
Results from the VERIFY trial were presented at the 55th EASD Annual Meeting (EASD 2019):
Vildagliptin Efficacy in combination with metfoRmIn For earlY treatment of T2DM (VERIFY)
Wednesday, September 18, 13:15–14:15. Joslin Hall, Vilanova Hall, Fira Barcelona Gran Via, Spain
Session Chair: C. Mathieu, Belgium
- Introduction and background. C. Mathieu, Belgium
- Rationale, design, methods. M. Stumvoll, Germany
- Main results and safety. D. R. Matthews, UK
- Summary and clinical implications. S. Del Prato, Italy
- Commentary. C. J. Bailey, UK