The DECLARE-TIMI 58 trial
Presenters: Itamar Raz, MD; Stephen D. Wiviott, MD, FACC; John P. Wilding, DM, FRCP; Lawrence A. Leiter, MD, FRCPC, FACP, FACE, FAHA, FACC.
Sunday 9 June: 14:15–16:15
This trial testing the cardiovascular safety of dapagliflozin showed significant protective effects on heart failure and cardiovascular death, and on the secondary endpoint of composite renal outcomes. But in line with other medications in the sodium-glucose cotransporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitors class, it had little or no effect on atherosclerotic outcomes.
- News story | DECLARE-TIMI 58 supports CV benefits of SGLT2 inhibitor class
- Clinical trial commentary | DECLARE steering committee member John Wilding outlines the results
- Clinical trial commentary | WATCH: A diabetologist with a special focus on cardiology discusses DECLARE
- Quick guide | Round-up of the SGLT2 inhibitor CV outcome trials
- Practical management | Primary care practitioner Kevin Fernando applies the latest ADA/EASD guidelines to a case study of high CV risk